Analysis of Territorial Development (2013D12I7)
- Level of study PhD academic studies
Ph.D. Velimir Šećerov
- Subject status: elective
- ECTS: 8
- Semester: II
- Number of classes: 4
Introduction to advanced sectoral analyzes characteristic for the development of spatial plans in the field of environmental protection, infrastructure, economics, social development, and cartographic modeling of the phenomenon in space.
Training students for the application of analyzes necessary in the development of spatial plans.
Relevant concepts of spatial planning and spatial planning; Basic concepts in spatial planning related to the concept of human rights (public good, sustainable development, accessibility, decentralization, participation); Indicators of the quality of the environment and the degree of economic development; Inadequacy encompasses the environment by economic indicators; Concept of sustainable development; Defining sustainable regional development, which starts from natural, created and human capital ("weak", "strong" and "critical" sustainable development). Economic development and environmental protection - Kuznetsova EKC curve. Economic development and environmental protection in the case of stationary and mobile sources of pollution (hyper-mobility in traffic); Market imperfections in the sphere of the environment: external effects, public goods, common resources, incomplete / concealed market information; Environmental treatment in feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyzes. Economic methods of environmental assessment through revealed and discovered preferences, and model of production function. Similarities and differences; Domains and limitations of economic measures and instruments of environmental protection: I + M programs, fiscal instruments (taxes, contributions and subsidies) and transferable permits system. Planning and programming of environmental protection and improvement; Geospatial modeling of the environment; Space zoning and categorization of the environment; Strategic planning instruments; Management planning instruments; Planning infrastructure development; The location of infrastructure in the implementation of strategic (spatial) plans; The role of infrastructure in improving life, the environment and sustainable development; Interdependence of traffic and spatial development; Traffic market distortions; Costs of automobile dependence and spatial development; Comparative analysis of the degree of mobility and accessibility of various types of spatial development; Productivity of investments in transport infrastructure and spatial development - contemporary theoretical counter-trades; Increase in mobility and polycentric development - the controversial objectives of the European Union's Road Safety Policy and European Transport Policy; Traffic and TEN policy objectives of the European Union: traffic and allocations for transport from common EU funds, increasing mobility (as an expression of economic well-being) and environmental protection, the development of transport (as a factor of the competitiveness of the individual region) and the increase in cohesion and accessibility European Union; Trans-European transport corridors, polycentric development of the EU and traffic accessibility of the European periphery - so-called. "Nordic problem"; Cartographic modeling and cartographic models.
- Inge Kaul (2001), ''Global Public Goods: What Role for Civil Society?''. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, vol. 30, no.2, September 2002, pp. 588-602.
- Kaul I., Conceicao P., Le Goulven K. and Mendoza R. (Eds). 2003. Providing Global Public Goods. Managing Globalization. New York: UNDP.
- Tietenberg T. 2009. Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, Pearson, New York
- Jovanović, M. 2005. Međuzavisnost koncepta urbanog razvoja i saobraćajne strategije velikog grada. Beograd: Geografski fakultet.
- Jovanović, Miomir. 2012. „Kuznjecova kriva i gradski saobraćaj - dometi I+M programa”. Glasnik srpskog geografskog društva, broj 4/2012, str. 127-142,
- Jovanović, Miomir. 2010. „Koncept kritičnog održivog razvoja i potrošnja energije u saobraćaju metropola”. Glasnik srpskog geografskog društva, broj 3/2010, str. 153-170,
- Jovanović, Miomir. 2008. Industrija “Problemi automobilske zavisnosti (primer američkih gradova-pregrađa)” broj 2, str. 55-77
- Banister, D. and Berechman, J. 2005. Transport Investment and Economic Development. Routledge.
- SACTRA. 1999. Transport and Economy. London : HMSO
- Rietveld P. and Brunisma F. 2008. Is Transport Infrastructure Effective? Transport Infrastructure and Accessibility - Impacts on the Space Economy. Springer – Verlag
- Button, K. 2003. Recent Developments in Transport Economics. Edvard Elgar Publ.
- Cheshire P. and Duranton G. 2004. Recent Developments in Urban and Regional Economics. Edvard Elgar Publ.
- Capello, R. And Nijkamp, P. 2005. Urban Dynamics and
- Growth: Advances in Urban Economics. North Holland.
- Litman, T. 2005. The Costs of Automobile Dependency. Victoria: VTPI.
- Arlinghaus S.L.: Practical Handbook of Digital Mapping - Terms and Concepts. CRC Press Inc., Boca Raton, Florida, US, 2000.
- Kraak M.J., Orweling F.J.: Cartography - Visualization of Spatial Data. Longman, Dorchester, UK, 2001.