Applied Geoecology (13OZS21O2)
- Level of study undergraduate studies
Ph.D. Milovan Pecelj
- Subject status: obligatory
- ECTS: 5
- Semester: III
- Number of classes: 2+1
Training of staff necessary for high-quality geoecological evaluation of landscapes and protected areas, which is an important prerequisite for spatial planning, tourism and cultural heritage, which is a scientific basis for evaluation, planning and management of landscapes.
Knowledge of basic methods that can be applied in the geoecological evaluation of the landscapes and their mapping, which is a prerequisite for planning and managing of the landscapes.
- Applied geoecology: concept, subject and task: Conceptual framework and importance of applied geoecology in the system of science.
- Methodology of planning and evaluation of landscapes in Europe and the USA: Development of planning and evaluation in our country, then in the European countries: Switzerland, Austria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary. Development of landscape planning in North America as an integral part of landscape architecture and regional planning.
- Landscape as an object of geoecological research: The landscape as an authentic natural, historical and cultural heritage that represents the framework in which we live and work, the environment that we promote, plan and protect or endanger, it is the object of geoecological research and evaluation.
- Theoretical and methodological directions in geoecological planning and land use: Geoecological research in the ecosystem (primary and secondary landscape structures). Development of new methods for processing and synthesis of geoecological data. Theoretical basis of geoecological planning and landscape design (classification of geoecological complexes and regions).
- Methods in geological evaluation of landscapes: Analysis of analytical and preferential methods of valuation of landscapes. The basic principles on which the methods are based.
- Schools of researches of landscapes wich are based on synthesis and geosystem approach in geoecology: Technological and economic development and major changes in the landscape.
- Landschaft as the essence of planning and evaluating the Landschaft: The concept and essence of Landschafts in the Russian geographical school. Evaluation of the Landschafts.
- Landep method - content and goal: The content of the method is based on the ecologically optimal spatial organization; finding the answer to the question: where and how to choose ecologically the right choice.
- Fundamental principles and content in the application of the Landep method: The principles on which the Landep method is based with in the assessment of the convenience of the landscapes. The authors of the method are Ruzicka and Miklos. This method is recommended by Agenda 218.
- Application of the recreational potential index method: Application of the recreation index method.
- Application of the "diversity" V-Wert method by Kiemstedt. The model is based on the "natural" elements of the landscape. Results of evaluation for the purposes of recreation on the selected examples.
- Application of the bonitation method. Elements of evaluation and elimination factors for the needs of tourism and recreation. Cartographic presentation of landscapes with selected examples.
- Steiner's "Geoecological model", Stajnic's "Method of matrix for landscape planning" and "Method Matrix for Sustainable Geoecological Planning". Land use through the preservation of abiotic, biotic and cultural factors. Model, steps and questions.
- Significance of geoecological planning of the landscapes: Possibility of applying geoecological evaluation, planning and management in the spatial planning and tourism.
Application of methods used in geoecological evaluation, planning and management of the landscapes. Exercise with students, individually with all methods with selected examples. Cartographic presentation of the evaluation of the landscapes according to certain methods.
Pecelj M. (2013): Osnove Geoekologije – metodološko-teorijska i aplikativna pitanja (skripta), Univerzitet u Beogradu, Geografski fakultet, Beograd, 1-145.
Bognar, A. Lozić, S. Saletto M. (2002). Geoekologija (Interna skripta), Zagreb 2002. str. 1-133.
Pecelj, M. R. (2011). Geoekologija - Teorijska i metodološka postavka. Treći Kongres srpskih geografa, Banja Luka, knjiga 1. str. 115-126.
Pecelj, J. Pecelj M. M. Pecelj M. R. (2011). Mogućnost primene geoekologije u prostornom planiranju, str. Planska i normativna zaštita prostora i životne sredine, Beograd, str. 2011. 401-406.
Ružička, M. Miklós, L. (1982a). Landscape ecological planning (LANDEP) in the process of territorial planning. Ekológia (Bratislava), 1, 3, p. 297-312.
Naveh, Z. A.S. Lieberman, A. S. (1994). Landscape Ecology: Theory and Application (2nd ed). Springer-Verlag, New York, 360 p.