- Level of study undergraduate studies
Ph.D. Milovan Pecelj
- Subject status: elective
- ECTS: 4
- Semester: IV
- Number of classes: 2+1
Training the staff who are necessary for society, both national and international level, in order to synchronize and implement the basic elements of environmental policy.
Knowledge of the basic elements of environmental policy, international treaties and conventions from the field of ecology.
1. International treaties, agreements and conventions: Concept, significance and the emergence of international treaties, agreements and conventions.
2. UNESCO list in Serbia. International conventions of importance for the protection of the environment of Serbia: Unesco list in our country. Convention on the Protection of rivers.
3. United Nations and the Security Council: The importance of the UN in the creation of planetary international agreements.
4. UNESCO organization and international treaties of importance for the protection of cultural and natural heritage: Convention on the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage; Convention on the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict - The Hague Convention; Convention on measures for the prohibition and prevention of unauthorized import, export and transfer of property of cultural property.
5. Ecological parties, formation, political influence and action in our country and in the world: Political influence of ecological parties. The German Green Party (Die Grünen), the Slovenian Green Party, movements and green parties in the surrounding area.
6. UN Convention on Climate Change: Protocols on the control of fossil fuels: Rio Protocol; Berlin and Kyoto Protocol.
7. Convention on the protection of the Ozone Layer: Vienna Convention and the Montreal Protocol on substances which damages the Ozone Layer.
8. International conventions in the field of transport of dangerous goods and hazardous waste: Convention on the control of transboundary movements of hazardous wastes and their disposal - Basel Convention; European Agreement on the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by inland waterways and the European Agreement on the international carriage of dangerous goods.
9. International agreements of importance for the protection of the Danube and Tisa rivers: Agreement on fishing in the Danube waters between the Government of Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Romania and the USSR; Convention on cooperation and sustainable use of the Danube river; Agreement on the protection of the waters of the Tisa river and its tributaries from pollution.
10. International Conventions in the field of transboundary environmental impact: Convention on Long-range transboundary air pollution and Protocol to the Convention on Long-range transboundary air pollution, Long-term financing of the co-operation program for monitoring and evaluation of transboundary air pollutants in the long distance areas in Europe (EMER); Convention on the transboundary effects of industrial Aacidents; Convention on environmental impact assessment in a transboundary context.
11. International conventions in the field of Nature protection: Convention on biological diversity; Convention on the protection of birds; Convention on international trade in endangered species of wild fauna and flora - CITES Conventions; Convention for the conservation of migratory species of wild animals - Bonn Convention: Convention for the conservation of wild fauna and flora and Natural habitats of Europe - Berne Convention.
12. Ramsar Convention of International Importance: Ramsar areas in Serbia; Convention on Wetlands; Habitat of swamp birds.
13. Convention on the high seas, Convention of importance for the protection of the sea and protection of the Mediterranean Sea: international agreements of importance for the protection of the Mediterranean Sea; Convention for the protection of the Mediterranean Sea from pollution - Barcelona Convention; Protocol on the prevention of pollution of the Mediterranean Sea due to submersion of waste and other substances from ships and aircraft; Protocol on cooperation in combating pollution of the Mediterranean Sea by oil and other harmful substances in the event of an accident.
14. Nuclear energy and International treaties: Vienna Convention on civil liability for nuclear damage; Convention on early notification of nuclear accidents; Convention on the physical protection of nuclear material; Agreement on the prohibition of experiments with nuclear weapons in the atmosphere, space and underwater; An agreement to ban the disposal of nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction at the bottom of the sea and the oceans and into their underground.
15. NATO bombing of FR Yugoslavia: Impact on human health and the environment and violation of international humanitarian law.
Practicing examples of different international treaties and conventions in order to understand the importance of these within the framework of environmental policy. Special attention is paid to conventions and international agreements of relevance for our country.
Joldžić V. (2008): Ekološka politika. Institut za kriminološka i sociološka istraživanja i Ministarstvo za nauku Republike Srbije, Beograd;
Stojanović i dr.(1992): Pravna zaštita životne sredine. Naučna knjiga, Beograd