Environmental Ethics (13MZS2I1)
- Level of study master academic studies
Ph.D. Milovan Pecelj
- Subject status: elective
- ECTS: 7
- Semester: II
- Number of classes: 3
Demonstrating and forming awareness of ecological ethics as an important segment of the preservation of the human environment.
To understand the importance of science and ethics in understanding the environment.
- Science, Ethics and the Environment: The role of science and ethics in understanding the environment within the modern society.
- What is ecological ethics: A systematic description of moral relations between human society and their natural environment.The importance of moral norms in the management of human behavior towards the world of nature.
- Ethical Theories and the Environment: Familiarizingthe students with ethical relativism, the tradition of natural law, teleology, utilitarianism, deontology and religion in the function of environmental ethics.
- Ecological ethics as an applied science: The relationship of ethics and economy in the management of social goods.
- Responsibility to future generations – sustainable development: Population and consumption and ecological ethics. Responsibility towards the offspring. Consumption and sustainable development.
- Responsibility to the world of nature: Moral dignity in the Western tradition, the attitude towards flora and fauna.
- Biocentric ethics and the inherent value of life: Biocentric ethics and awe for life, ethics and character. A review of Taylor's biocentric ethics.
- Ethics, ecology and wildlife: The concept and the ideal of the wilderness. The myth of the wild. Wildlife as a paradigmatic example of the importance of ecological concepts for ecological ethics.
- Ecology and philosophy: From ecology to ethics. Ecocentric principles in ecological philosophy.
- Ethics of the earth: A critique of the ethics of the earth and holistic ethics. Kalikot's audits.
- Deep ecology: The notion and essence of the deep ecology. Metaphysical ecology. From metaphysics to ethics.
- Environmental justice and social ecology: The theory of social justice. Environmental justice and ecological racism.
- Eco-feminism: Eco-feminism and new development.
- Making a seminar on the topic of ecological ethics: Methodology of seminar work preparation, which involves the thematic research of the relationship between ethics and ecology.
Žarden R. De Džozef (2006): Ekološka etika - uvod u ekološku filozofiju, Službeni glasnik, Beograd, str. 1-460.
Dale Jamieson (2008): Ethics and the Environment: An Introduction, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, pp. 1-235.
Robin Attfield (1999): The Ethics of the Global Environment, Edinburgh University Press, Edinburgh, pp. 1-232.
David Pepper (2003): ECO-SOCIALISM: From deep ecology to social justice, Taylor & Francis e-Library, pp. 1-281.