Geographic Information System – GIS (13MZS2I3)
- Level of study master academic studies
Ph.D. Sanja Stojković
- Subject status: elective
- ECTS: 7
- Semester: II
- Number of classes: 3
This course is designed to enable students to fully understand the principles and concepts of GIS, with a particular emphasis on the practical skills necessary in designing, developing and promoting GIS projects.
Students in this course should acquire basic knowledge in the field of GIS so that the acquired theoretical knowledge can be recognized and practical used in the environment management.
1. Introductory considerations of GIS; 2. Basic concepts of design and application of GIS; 3.-4. Data models; 5.Methods of collecting and storing data; 6.Display of geodata; 7.Spatial analysis procedures in GIS; 8.Geostatistical analysis; 9.Quality control; 10.Importance of standardization for GIS; 11. GIS on the Internet; 12. Solving scientific and management problems using GIS; 13.Management of GIS projects and application of GIS; 14.-15.Evaluation of seminar and practical works.
- Kukrika M. (2000): Geografski informacioni sistemi, Univerzitet u Beogradu, Geografski fakultet, Beograd.
- Burrough P.A. and McDonnell R.A. (1998): Principi geografskih informacionih sistema, Građevinski fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu.
- Longley P., Maguire D.J., Goodchild M.F., Rhind D.W. (Eds) (1999): Geographical Information Systems: Principles and Applications (2 Volumes), 2nd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York; Chichester.
- Clarke K.C. (2001): Getting Started with Geographic Information System, Third Edition, University of California, Santa Barbara, Prentice Hall Series in Geographic Information Science, New Jersey.
- Galati S.R. (2006): Geographic Information Systems Demystified, Artech House, Inc.
- Fazal S. (2008): GIS Basics, New Age International (P) Ltd.
- Odabrani naučni i stručni tekstovi.