Geography of European Union (NOG31I2)
- Level of study undergraduate studies
Ph.D. Snežana Vujadinović
- Subject status: elective
- ECTS: 5
- Semester: V
- Number of classes: 2
Students should acquire knowledge about regional-geographical features and regional development of the European Union. The aim is to expend student’s knowledge, encourage them to debate and to find solution to different development issues regarding the European Union.
Students should be able to apply their knowledge about geography of the European Union in the teaching process.
- Formation and development of the ideas of European unity during Antiquity and the Middle Ages.
- European ideals and values in Modern History
- Realization of the idea of European unity and creation of the European Union
- The Schuman declaration and enlargement of the EU
- Position, extent and borders of the EU
- Natural resources and sustainable development
- EU – ethnic and cultural mosaic
- Demographics of the EU, distribution and structure of the population in the EU.
- Economy of the EU and non-economic sectors.
- Indicators of socio-economic development and place of the EU in the global economy
- Large urban agglomerations and their functions
- Principles and subjects of the European integration.
- Legal status of the EU and institutional organization
- Regional policy, regional development and regionalization of the EU
- Serbia and the EU
Šabić, D. and Pavlović, M. (2008). Globalni i regionalni razvoj Evropske Unije. Geografski fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu, Beograd.
Vajdenfeld, V., Vesels V. (2004) Evropa od A do Š, Priručnik za evropsku integraciju, Bon.
Ilić-Gasmi, G. (2004) Reforme Evropske Unije – institucionalni aspekti, Prometej, Beograd.
Clavel, P. (1998) An introduction to Regional Geography, Oxford.