Perspectives of Spatial Planning (2013D21I7)
- Level of study PhD academic studies
Ph.D. Dejan Filipovic
Ph.D. Dejan Đorđević
Ph.D. Tijana Dabović
- Subject status: elective
- ECTS: 8
- Semester: III
- Number of classes: 5
The PhD students will be introduced with dominant theories and methodologies of modern research in the spatial planning interest area, actual research topics in the leading planning schools in the world, as well as tendencies and science research development direction, which could be detected in the next decade, based on adopted strategy documents in this area.
Introduce the students to the spatial planning trends and perspectives, with a special review on the spatial planning in the European Union.
1.-2. Research history for the purposes of spatial planning;
3. Surveys for the needs of spatial planning in European countries: critical summary – are these surveys have a transnational character, similarities and specifics of surveys – overview by countries;
4.-5. Science discipline question – the relation of tradition and needs, research institution, the relation of research and spatial planning practice needs and requirements;
6.-7. Underlying and applied research, choice of research strategy;
8.-9. The newest research trends and topics for surveys, research topics whose development is expected in the next period;
10. Research in non-European countries;
11.-13. Research for the needs of spatial planning in Serbia - roots, main directions, the most important research institutions, research trends;
14. Towards a European strategic framework for research in spatial planning - aims and proposal, main research topics, transnational research network;
15. The perspectives of spatial planning in the next 20 years.
- Đorđević, D. (2004). Uvod u teoriju planiranja. Beograd: Geografski fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu;
- Filipović D., Vukičević S. (2011): Uvođenje zainteresovane javnosti u postupak strateške procene uticaja na životnu sredinu, monografija, Asocijacija prostornih planera Srbije, Beograd
- Dragićević S., Filipović D. (2009): Prirodni uslovi i nepogode u planiranju i zaštiti prostora, udžbenik, Geografski fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu
- Vujošević, M., Zeković, S., Maričić, T. (2010). Postsocijalistička tranzicija u Srbiji i teritorijalni kapital Srbije – stanje, neki budući izgledi i predvidljivi scenariji. Beograd: Institut za arhitekturu i urbanizam Srbije.
- Hillier J., Healey P. (2008): Critical Essays in Planning Theory Volume 3. Aldershot: Ashgate.
- Brooks M. (2002): Planning Theory for Practitioners. Chicago, IL: Planners Press;
- European Planning Studies, European Urban and Regional Studies, European Environment, International Planning Studies, Planning Perspectives