Physical Geography (NOT11O2)
- Level of study undergraduate studies
Ph.D. Aleksandar S. Petrović
- Subject status: obligatory
- ECTS: 8
- Semester: I
- Number of classes: 3+2
Developing awareness of the nature of nature for human society and the impact of physical and geographical factors on the distribution of the population and economic activity. Adopting concepts from cosmic space and representing Earth in it, as well as the influence of the Sun on our planet. Defining basic processes, phenomena and shapes in the natural spheres of the earth and explaining the zonality. Analysis of relief, climate, hydrography and vegetation, their interaction and importance for ecosystems.
Training students to overcome physical-geographical terminology and understand the causal and consequential relationships of natural factors on the Earth.
1. Physical geography - subject of study, division, method; 2. Tectonic geomorphology; 3. Erosive geomorphology; 4. Physical properties of the atmosphere; 5. Climate elements; 6. Time; 7. Groundwater; 8. Rivers; 9. Glacier and lakes; 10. World Sea; 11. Use and protection of water resources; 12. Factors and rightness of the distribution of basic vegetation types (biomes) on Earth; 13. Basics of flora and fauna protection.
Morphometric relief analysis; Mapping and analysis of the relief of Serbia; Meteorological data processing; Creation and analysis of climadigrams; Analysis of the climate of Serbia; Processing of hydrological data; River basin and its properties; Mapping the global distribution of basic vegetation types (biomes).
1) Petrović D., Manojlović P. (2003). Geomorfologija. Univerzitet u Beogradu, Geografski fakultet, Beograd.
2) Dukić D. (1997). Klimatologija, Naučna knjiga, Beograd.
3) Dukić D., Gavrilović Lj. (2006). Hidrologija. Zavod za udžbenike, Beograd.
4) Janković M., Atanacković B. (2000). Biogeografija sa pedologijom. Univerzitet u Beogradu, Geografski fakultet, Beograd.