Population and Regional Development (NOD41O4)
- Level of study undergraduate studies
Ph.D. Dragutin Tošić
- Subject status: obligatory
- ECTS: 6
- Semester: VII
- Number of classes: 2+2
The aim of the subject is to point to the relations between the development and distribution of population and socio-economic development at the global, continental, regional and local levels.
Enforcement of the theoretical-methodological knowledge of the interrelations of the population and social-economic development, as well as mastering of the techniques of the analysis of regional disproportions.
1) Theoretical-methodological approaches of the study of the connections and relations between the regional development and demographic phenomena and processes.
2) Bases and models in the theories of regional development.
3) Population as the active element and factor of regional development.
4) Demographic development and demographic structures as the indicators of the level of the regional development.
5) Correlations between the stages of the economic development and phases of the demographic transition.
6) Population in the theories and models of the regional development (in classic and contemporary theories of locations, population in the model of the sector of services, in the theories and models of polarized development – model of the radial cumulative causality, theories and models of the poles of growth and development, theory of center-periphery, model of the innovation diffusion, theories and models of intraregional and interregional differentiation…)
7) World economic system and regional differences within it.
8) Regional differentiation and assembling of the countries and regions based on the level of the economic development.
9) Disproportions in the development and distribution of population of some regional units and development of them.
10) Demographic processes and regional development of Serbia.
11) Development of the public-social utilities and public-social infrastructure in order to improve the standard of living of population of Serbia.
12) Level of the development of the municipalities of Serbia.
13) Regional assembling and regional differentiation of the municipalities, functional areas and macro regions of Serbia based on the level of development and concentration of population.
Seminars, other types of lectures, studies and research: The aim of the seminars is, on the one hand, to point to the importance of the demographic indicators by using the concrete illustrations, and, on the other hand, to use these indicators to point to the possibility of the application of some theories and models of regional development in the same geospatial units. The emphasis will be put on the analysis of the relations between the development of population and level of the social-economic and regional development of Serbia, its regions, counties and municipalities.