Problems of Regional Development in World (NOG41I2)
- Level of study undergraduate studies
Ph.D. Snežana Vujadinović
- Subject status: elective
- ECTS: 4
- Semester: VII
- Number of classes: 2
Students should acquire knowledge regarding main development problems in different regions of the world, their causes and consequences, as well as their impact on socio-economic development.
Students should be able to apply their knowledge about regional geography in the teaching process.
- Natural disasters and their consequences
- Ecological problems and ecological crises
- Implications of overexploitation of mineral resources.
- Desertification, degradation of agricultural areas and human overpopulation of agricultural regions
- Deforestation as a global and regional problem
- Water resources and drinking water scarcity
- Extensive population growth in the world and its consequences
- “Urban explosion” and pseudo-urbanization
- Neo-colonialism and technological colonialism
- Poverty in the world – dividing the world into reach centre and poor periphery
- Economic indicators of socio-economic development
- Social indicators of socio-economic development
- Complex indicators of socio-economic development
- Leading problems of developing countries
- Globalization and the problems of regional development
Šabić, D. and Vujadinović S. (2011). Regionalna geografija Australije. Srpskog geografsko društvo, Beograd.
Vujadinović, S. and Šabić, D. (2016). Regionalna geografija Afrike. Geografski fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu, Beograd.
Vujadinović, S. and Šabić, D. (2011) Regionalna geografija Južne Amerike. Srpsko geografsko društvo, Beograd.,
Kicošev, S. et al. (2012). Azija, regionalnogeografske karakteristike. Departman za geografiju, turizam i hotelijerstvo, PMF Novi Sad, Novi Sad.
Natek, K., Natek, M. (2005) Države sveta. Mladinska knjiga, Beograd