Regional geography of Africa and Australia (NOG42O3)
- Level of study undergraduate studies
Ph.D. Snežana Vujadinović
Ph.D. Rajko Golić
- Subject status: obligatory
- ECTS: 3
- Semester: VIII
- Number of classes: 2+1
Students should acquire knowledge about regional-geographical features of Africa and Australia, and they should be familiarized with basic principles of regionalization. One of the goals is to analyse interconnections between the physical-geographic and socio-economic factors in the development of individual regions. Students should develop ability to recognize and solve development issues from regional geography of Africa and Australia.
Students should be able to apply their knowledge about regional geography of Africa and Australia in the teaching process.
- Regional position, borders and extent of Africa and Australia
- Geologic history and main morphological features
- Main climate characteristics and types of climate
- Water resources and their significance
- Soils, utilization and degradation
- Biogeographical features, nature preservation, types and levels of protection
- Natural resources as a factor of regional development
- Territorial and historical development of Africa and Australia
- Demographics of Africa and Australia
- Urbanization and largest cities
- Economy of Africa, structure and perspective
- Economy of Australia, structure and perspective
- The principles and concepts of regionalization in Geography
- Geographical regions of Africa
- Geographical regions of Australia
- Analysis of regional-geographical features of Africa and Australia.
- Correlation between physical-geographical features, historical development and modern socio-economic processes.
- Regionalization of Africa and Australia
- Methodology for the preparation and oral presentation of seminar papers.
- Analysis of literature for seminar papers.
- Seminar papers, practical classes and colloquium
Šabić, D. and Vujadinović S. (2011). Regionalna geografija Australije. Srpskog geografsko društvo, Beograd.
Vujadinović, S. and Šabić, D. (2016). Regionalna geografija Afrike. Geografski fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu, Beograd.
Natek, K., Natek, M. (2005) Države sveta, Mladinska knjiga, Beograd
Posle, D. (2006). Afričke civilizacije. Centrar za izučavanje tradicije, Beograd.
McKnight, T. (1995) The Geography of Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Prentice Hall
Crkvenčić, I. (1990) Afrika – regionalna geografija, Sveučilište u Zagrebu, Školska knjiga, Zagreb