Regional geography of America (NOG41O3)
- Level of study undergraduate studies
Ph.D. Snežana Vujadinović
Ph.D. Rajko Golić
- Subject status: obligatory
- ECTS: 3
- Semester: VII
- Number of classes: 2+1
Students should acquire knowledge about regional-geographical features of North and South America, and they should be familiarized with basic principles of regionalization. One of the goals is to analyse interconnections between the physical-geographic and socio-economic factors in the development of individual regions. Students should develop ability to recognize and solve development issues from regional geography of the Americas.
Students should be able to apply their knowledge about regional geography of the Americas in the teaching process.
- Regional position, borders and extent of North and South America
- Geologic history and main morphological features
- Main climate characteristics and types of climate
- Water resources and their significance
- Soils, utilization and degradation
- Biogeographical features, nature preservation, types and levels of protection
- Natural resources as a factor of regional development
- Territorial and historical development and contemporary political map of North and South America
- Demographics of the Americas
- Urbanization and largest cities
- Economy of North America, structure and perspective
- Economy of South America, structure and perspective
- The principles and concepts of regionalization in Geography
- Geographical regions of North America
- Geographical regions of South America
- Analysis of regional-geographical features of North and South America
- Correlation between physical-geographical features, historical development and modern socio-economic processes.
- Regionalization of North and South America
- Methodology for the preparation and oral presentation of seminar papers.
- Analysis of literature for seminar papers.
- Seminar papers, practical classes and coloquim
Vujadinović, S. and Šabić, D. (2011) Regionalna geografija Južne Amerike. Srpsko geografsko društvo, Beograd.,
Natek, K., Natek, M. (2005) Države sveta. Mladinska knjiga, Beograd
Petrović R. and Ilić, J. (1979). Regionalna ekonomska geografija Amerike. Naučna knjiga, Beograd.
Todić, D. (2009) Sjeverna Amerika - regionalna geografija. Banja Luka
McKnight, T. (2003) Regional Geography of the United States and Canada, Prentice Hall, 2003