Regional Geography of World (NOD21O4)
- Level of study undergraduate studies
Ph.D. Snežana Vujadinović
Ph.D. Rajko Golić
- Subject status: obligatory
- ECTS: 5
- Semester: III
- Number of classes: 2+1
- Condition: /
Students should acquire knowledge regarding regional geographical features of Europe, Asia, North and South America, Africa, Australia and Oceania with special emphasis on the demographic characteristics of these continents. Students should develop ability to recognize and solve development issues regarding regional geography of the world and demographics of the continents and the specific regions.
Students should be able to apply their knowledge about regional geography of the world in their future profession work.
- Main physical geographical features of the continents
- The interdependence between geographical factors and spatial distribution of population and economic sectors.
- Natural resources as a factor of regional development.
- Territorial and historic development: old civilization and Age of Discovery
- Colonial period and global demographic changes.
- Modern demographic development and global distribution of population.
- Migration on global and regional scale.
- Anthropological and ethnic diversity of the continents; multiculturalism
- Urbanization, large cities and pseudo urbanization
- Main economic characteristics of the continents
- Geographical regions of Europe
- Geographical regions of Asia
- Geographical regions of Americas
- Geographical regions of Africa
- Geographical regions of Australia and Oceania
- Analysis of the regional geographical features of the continents, with special emphasis on demographic processes and problems.
- Correlations between physical geographical features, historical development and modern socio-economic processes.
- Analysis of urban and rural regions of the world regarding demographic development and contemporary demographic problems.
- Population as a factor of spatial and functional development of the regions.
Šabić, D. and Vujadinović S. (2011). Regionalna geografija Australije. Srpskog geografsko društvo, Beograd.
Vujadinović, S. and Šabić, D. (2016). Regionalna geografija Afrike. Geografski fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu, Beograd.
Vujadinović, S. and Šabić, D. (2011) Regionalna geografija Južne Amerike. Srpsko geografsko društvo, Beograd.,
Kicošev, S. et al. (2012). Azija, regionalnogeografske karakteristike. Departman za geografiju, turizam i hotelijerstvo, PMF Novi Sad, Novi Sad.
Natek, K., Natek, M. (2005) Države sveta, Mladinska knjiga, Beograd