Renewable Energy Sources (13OZS31I1)
- Level of study undergraduate studies
Ph.D. Dejan Filipovic
- Subject status: elective
- ECTS: 6
- Semester: V
- Number of classes: 2+2
To acquaint students with the natural conditions and sources of renewable energy. Students will get acquainted with the complex issues of using renewable energy sources, i.e. with the basic principles of siting the facilities for renewable energy exploitation and their impact on the environment.
To raise awareness of the possibilities and advantages of using renewable energy sources. Ability to prepare a plan for using renewable energy sources.
- Conventional energy technology and energy sustainability;
- Basic characteristics and the classification of renewable energy sources;
- Strategic and planning documents of renewable energy development;
- The legislative framework;
- Solar energy;
- Wind energy;
- Hydropower – small hydropower plants;
- Geothermal energy;
- Biomass energy;
- Energy from waste;
- The potential and examples of the utilization of renewable energy sources in Serbia and worldwide;
- Energy efficiency;
- The criteria for siting the facilities for renewable energy exploitation;
- The ecological aspect of using renewable energy sources and environmental protection measures;
- The economic and social aspects of using renewable energy sources.
The contents presented in the lectures will be elaborated on in practical classes between the first and the 15th week. Each type of renewable energy sources (solar, wind, hydropower, geothermal, biomass and energy from waste) will require practical work which will involve defining the sources, the exploitation and its consequences, i.e. undertaking the protection measures. The students will work on practical examples from Serbia. The preparation of a thematic map of protection for a specific area is planned.
Gvozdenac D., Nakomčić-Smaragdakis B., Gvozdenac-Urošević B. (2011): Obnovljivi izvori energije, Fakultet tehničkih nauka, Novi Sad.
Đukanović S. (2009): Obnovljivi izvori energije, Gradska biblioteka ''Božidar Knežević'', Ub.
Prostorni plan Republike Srbije – tematski izveštaj ''Obnovljivi izvori energije'', Republička agencija za prostorno planiranje, Beograd.
Nacionalni program zaštite životne sredine (''Službeni glasnik RS'', br.12/10)
Nacionalna strategija održivog razvoja (''Službeni glasnik RS'', br.57/08)
Strategija razvoja energetike Republike Srbije za period do 2025. godine sa projekcijama do 2030. godine, Ministarstvo energetike, razvoja i zaštite životne sredine, Beograd.