Soil geography (13OZS12O3)
- Level of study undergraduate studies
Ph.D. Sanja Manojlović
- Subject status: obligatory
- ECTS: 4
- Semester: II
- Number of classes: 2+1
Introducing with soils as one of the most important resources on Earth, its genesis and its distribution on the Earth's surface. Introduction to protection and improvement, problems of degradation and soil contamination.
Students will learn about the types of soil, the factors that determine their formation and the distribution on the Earth's surface, degradation processes.
1. Getting acquainted with the subject matter and with the obligations of students of the given course.
2. The concept, object, task and division of geography of soils; The basic principles of geography of soils; Geospatial structures of the soil cover.
3. The composition and composition of soil.
4. Mineral and chemical composition of the soil.
5. Soil taxonomy.
6. The influence of the geological composition on the creation of soils; Impact of relief on soil creation.
7. The impact of climate factors on soil creation; The impact of biogenic factors on the soil.
8. Anthropogenic impacts on soils.
9-10. Soil types and their basic characteristics.
11. Land cover on Earth; Geographical distribution of soils in Serbia.
12. Agricultural land use.
13. Geographical basis of land erosion;
14. Soil degradation; Soil pollution;
15. Improving the quality and use of soils.
1. The concept, object, task and division of geography of soils, its position in the system of geographical and other sciences; 2. Classification grid of land types. 3. Map making: Geographical land plot. 4-5. Analysis of the pedological map of Serbia. 6-7. Field exercises: Mapping the intensity of soil erosion. 8. Colloquium. 9. Extracting the soil with degraded land. 10. Counter-measures and soil protection against erosion. 11. Bonitat and methods of soil valuation. 12. Soil monitoring. 13. Revitalization and soil reclamation. 14. Defense exercises. 15. Defense seminar work.
Lješević M. (2002): Geografija zemljišta. Geografski institut Filozofskog fakulteta u Nikšiću, Univerzitet Crne Gore, Nikšić.
Miljković N. (1996): Osnovi pedologije. Univerzitet u Novom Sadu, Institut za geografiju.
Korunović R., Stojanović S. (1989): Praktikum pedologije. Naučna knjiga, Beograd.
Schaetzl R., Anderson Sh. (2006): Soils – genesis and geomorphology. Cambridge University Press.