- Phone: +381602244641
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. Aleksandar Knežević
Aleksandar Knežević, PhD
(2001): BA in Geography, Department of Geography, Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade
(2002): MA (equivalent) in Environment, Department of Environment, Alternative Academic Educational Network, Belgrade
(2006): MA in Demography, Department of Demography, Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade
(2013): PhD in Demography, Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade
Professional experience and positions:
Department of Demography, Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade:
- Assistant Trainee (2001-2006)
- Assistant (2007-2013),
- Assistant Professor (since 2014)
- Editor in Chief of scientific journal Demografija (since 2017)
Introduction to Demography
Geopolitics and Population
Standardization of population data
Ethnodemographic issues and problems
Theory of Demography (1/3)
Methods and Techniques in Demography (1/3)
(Since 2011 to present) Centre of Demographic Research-Institute of Social Sciences, Department for Demography-Faculty of Geography at University of Belgrade and Faculty of Organizational Sciences at University of Belgrade: The study of demographic phenomena in the function of public policies in Republic of Serbia
(2008-2010) Faculty of Geography at University of Belgrade: Geo-Systemic basis of spatial and functional organization of Serbia
(2003-2005) Faculty of Geography at University of Belgrade: Geographic basis of development of Serbia (Subproject-Demographic resources of Serbia)
(2004-2005) Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia and Faculty of Geography at University of Belgrade: Migrations of population of Serbia according to census data 2002
- Knežević, A. (2017). The floating ethnic groups in demographic research – Methodological issues, approaches and examples. Annales-Series Historia et Sociologia, 27, 2017(2). 439-456. DOI 10.19233/ASHS.2017.31
- Vulević, A. & Knežević, A. (2017). Demographic Response to Accessibility Improvement in Depopulation Cross Border Regions: The Case of Euro Region Danube 21 in Serbia. Collection of Papers-Faculty of Geography at the University of Belgrade, 65(1), 167-193. DOI: 10.5937/zrgfub1765167V
- Knežević, A. (2017). Demographic aspect of minority politics in the context of European integration of the Republic of Serbia. In Rašević, M., Devedžić, M. & Jovanović, J. (Eds.), Messages of Demographers to policy makers in Serbia (pp. 65-69). Belgrade: Demographic Research Centre – Institute for Social Sciences.
- Knežević, A. & Antić, M. (2017). The demographic aspect of the “Vlach issue” in eastern Serbia.. National Minorities, Migration and Security in Democratic Societies (Abstract book). Brioni: University of Zagreb – Faculty of Political Science, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, Council for National Minorities of the Republic of Croatia.
- Knežević, A. & Radić, N. (2016): The Census Categorization of Ethnic Identity: Between Theoretical Comprehensions and Statistical Practice. Stanovništvo, 54(2), 59-81. DOI: 10.2298/STNV161122010K
- Knežević, A. (2016). Ethnodemographic basics of geopolitical and migratory crisis in Syrian Arab Republic. Contemporary migration in a changing world: New perspectives and challenges (Abstract Book). Belgrade: University of Belgrade-Faculty of Geography, Regional Studies Association, MICaRD.
- Knežević, A. & Šantić, D. (2016). From ethnostistics to ethnopolitics – Could the Census be a reliable source for creating minority policy in the Republic of Serbia? (Working paper in National Minorities, Migration and Security in Democratic Societies). Brioni: University of Zagreb – Faculty of Political Science, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, Council for National Minorities of the Republic of Croatia.
- Knežević, A. (2016). The ethnodemographic aspect of population dynamics and density of East Serbia. In Demographic challenges in the former Yugoslavia (Abstract book). Belgrade: Association of Demographers of Serbia, Department of Demography, Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade, Demographic Research Centre – Institute for Social Sciences and Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia.
- Knežević, A. & Vojković, G. (2015). Spatial Extent in Demographic Research-Approach and Problems. Bulletin of the Serbian Geographical Society, 95(2), 1-24. DOI: 10.2298/GSGD160112001K
- Knežević, A. & Negovanović, O. (2015). Demographic facts about the German ethnic minority in Serbia according to official statistics. IV Serbian Congress of Geographers. Achievements, actualities and challenges of geographical science and practice (Abstract book). Belgrade: Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade, The Serbian Geographical Society.
- Knežević, A. (2015). Methodological problems of ethnodemographic research of floating ethnic groups. International Scientific Conference. Migration and Ethnicity at the Beginning of the 21st Century (Abstract book). Zagreb: Institute for Migration and Ethnic Studies.
- Radovanović, S. & Knežević, A. (2014). Roma in Serbia (according to the Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011). Belgrade: Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia.
- Knežević, A. (2014). Methodological issues of demographic analysis: The recalculation of Census data and vital statistics with administrative-territorial changes (Case Study of Eastern Serbia). Demografija, 11, 53-77.
- Knežević, A., Đurđev, B. & Arsenović, D. (2014). The demographic potentials of Euro region Danube XXI in Serbia-Consequences of biological depopulation and population ageing. The Third Romanian-Bulgarian-Hungarian-Serbian Conference. Geographical Research and Cross-Border Cooperation within the Lower Basin of the Danube (Abstract book). Novi Sad-Belgrade: Faculty of Sciences, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management, University of Belgrade-Faculty of Geography.
- Knežević, A. (2014). Demographic characteristics of Slovenians in Vojvodina at the beginning of the XXI Century. Proceedings of Matica Srpska, Department of Social Sciences Quarterly 148 (3/2014), 433-442. DOI: 10.2298/ZMSDN1448433K
- Sabic, D., Knezevic, A., Vujadinovic, S., Golic, R., Milincic, M., & Joksimovic, M. (2013). Belgrade Slums-Life or Survival on the Margins of Serbian Society. Trames-A Journal of the Humanities and Social Sciences. Tallinn: Estonian Academy of Sciences and Tartu University, 55-86. DOI: 10.3176/tr.2013.1.03
- Knežević, A. (2013). Demographic characteristics of Roma population in Belgrade as an indicator of their social integration. Revista Română de Geografie Politică, (15)1, 43-55.
- Knežević, A. (2012). Slovenians in Serbia. A contribution to the ethnodemographic study. Annales-Series Historia et Sociologia, 22, 2012(1), 171-186.
- Knežević, A. (2011). Methodological problems of ethnostatistical and ethnodemographic research of population of Serbia. Demografija, 8, 129-144.
- Knežević, A. (2011). Roma population in Belgrade-Demographic development and social integration issues. International Conference. (Re)Integration and Development Issues in Multicultural and Border Regions. Glasnik UP ZRS, 16, 2011(7) (Abstract book). Koper: University of Primorska, Science and research Centre Koper.
- Knežević, A. (2010). Social position, residential problems and characteristics of households and families of Roma population in Belgrade. Bulletin of the Serbian Geographical Society, 90(1), 257-276.
- Knežević, A. (2010). Roma (Gypsies) in Belgrade-ethnodemographic study. Belgrade: University of Belgrade, Faculty of Geography.
- Knežević, A. (2010). The supplement to ethnodemographic research of Vlachs ethnic group in Eastern Serbia-Several approaches to question of ethnic origin Wallach populatin. In Territorial aspects of development of Serbia and neighbourding countries (pp. 259-266). Belgrade: Faculty of Geography-University of Belgrade.
- Knežević, A. (2008). Roma population in Censuses of Serbia. In Census 2011. – Collection of papers (pp. 142-147). Belgrade: Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia.
- Knežević, A. (2007). The influence of subjective criteria usage as official principe at nationality identification in censuses to manifestation Roma ethnic identity. Bulletin of Serbian Geographical Society, 87(1), 79-88.
- Knežević, A. (2005). Demographic aspect of HIV pandemic. Demografija, 2, 199-207.
- Knežević, A. (2005). Population of Srbia according to nationality in results of census in 2002. Bulletin of Serbian Geographical Society, 85(1), 103-110.
- Knežević, A. (2004). Demographic-ecological approach to population growth (From Malthus to sustainable development). Globus, 29. 103-112.
- Knežević, A. (2003). Ethno demographic review of the Maghreb countries. Globus, 28, 171-186.
- Knežević, A. (2002). Geographical environment, war and peace. Globus, 27, 123-126.
- Knežević, A. (2002). The basic characteristics of the population from census data 2002. In Proceedings-Ecological truth (pp. 539-541). Donji Milanovac, Serbia: Institute of Public Health ’’Timok’’ Zajecar and Faculty of Engineering Bor.
Serbian Geographical Society
Association of Demographers of Serbia