- Phone: +381604615017
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Branko Protić, was born on February 27, 1989 in Kikinda. He finished elementary school and gymnasium in Kikinda. His Bachelor studies in Spatial planning were finished in 2012 and master studies at the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Geography in 2013. Doctoral studies of Geosciences at the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Geography, he enrolled in 2013. The PhD thesis under the title “Infrastructure as a determinant of urban development of Belgrade” he officially defined in 2018. During the bachelor and master studies, he was a scholar of the Young Talent Fund “Dositeja” of Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Serbia, as one of the top 1000 students of the final years of bachelor or master studies. Since May 2014, as a scholar of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, he has been engaged in the project of the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Geography “Problems and Tendencies of the Development of the Geospatial Systems of the Republic of Serbia” (Evidence No. OI 176017). Since the beginning of his studies, he published, in domestic and foreign journals, more than 20 scientific and professional papers in the fields of spatial and urban planning, environmental protection, infrastructure development and geography. He also participated in the preparation of several spatial and urban plans, expert studies/projects and reports on strategic environmental impact assessment of planning documents and projects. Since September 2014 he is working as an associate at the Department of Spatial Planning of the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Geography. Since 2019 he has been working as an Teaching Assistant at the Department for Spatial Planning on subjects related to spatial and urban planning, infrastructure development, tourism and environmental protection. He is an active member of the Serbian Spatial Planners Association (APPS). As a member of the organizing committee, he participated in the preparation and realization of eight scientific conferences with international participation. Also, a member of the Serbian Geographical Society, an associate of the Regional Center of Young Talents Belgrade 2 and active member of the Team for Promotion of the Faculty of Geography. Since 2013 she has been editor of the magazine of students of spatial planning “Prostor” (eng. Space) and since 2017 he is the technical editor of the journals Zbornik radova – Geografski fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu and Demografija. Speaks English and basic German.
- Pecelj, M. M., Lukić, M. Z., Filipović, D. J., Protić, B. M., and Bogdanović, U. M.: Analysis of the Universal Thermal Climate Index during heat waves in Serbia, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 20, 2021–2036, https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-20-2021-2020, 2020.
- Protić B., Šećerov V., Lukić B., Jeftić M. (2019). Towards Resilient Cities in Serbia. In: Leal Filho W., Trbic G., Filipovic D. (eds) Climate Change Adaptation in Eastern Europe. Climate Change Management. Springer, Cham. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-03383-5_1
- Gajić, A., Krunić, N., Protić, B. (2018). Towards a new methodological framework for the delimitation of rural and urban areas: a case study of Serbia, Geografisk Tidsskrift-Danish Journal of Geography, 118:2, pp. 160-172, DOI: 10.1080/00167223.2018.1503551
- Đukičin Vučković, S., Đorđević, J., Milanković Jovanov, J., Ivanović Bibić, Lj., Protić, B., Đorđević, T., Ivkov M. (2017). The development of transport infrastructure and attitudes of the local population: a case study from the Republic of Serbia, Geografisk Tidsskrift-Danish Journal of Geography, 118:1, pp. 101-113, DOI: 10.1080/00167223.2017.1419369
- Lukić, M., Pecelj, M., Protić, B., Filipović, D. (2019). An evaluation of summer discomfort in Niš (Serbia) using Humidex, Journal of the Geographical Institute “Jovan Cvijic”, 69(2), pp. 109–122, DOI: 10.2298/IJGI1902109L
- Lukić, Đ., Lukić, B., Protić, B. (2018). Uloga komunikacionih servisa u prostornom razvoju jedinice lokalne samouprave. Lokalna samouprava u planiranju i uređenju prostora i naselja: Geneze i perspektive prostornog razvoja – Zbornik radova (str. 123-128). Trebinje: Asocijacija prostornih planera, Univerzitet u Beogradu – Geografski fakultet, Grad Trebinje.
- Šećerov, V., Filipović, D., Protić, B. (2018). Spatial Planning as an Instrument for Tourism Development in Protected Natural Areas – Example of Special Nature Reserve Uvac, Serbia. CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS of the 2nd International Scientific Conference on Recent Advances in Information Technology, Tourism, Economics, Management and Agriculture – ITEMA 2018 – Graz, Austria, November 8, 2018 (pp. 154-160). Belgrade: Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Serbia. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31410/ITEMA.2018.154
- Protić, B., Lukić, M., Filipović, D., Lukić., B. (2017). Legal and planning framework for nature protection – comparative analysis of Austria and the Republic of Serbia. Proceedings of the XXV International Conference “ECOLOGICAL TRUTH” ECO-IST’17, Vrnjačka Banja, Serbia, June 12-15, 2017 (pp. 485-493). Vrnjacka Banja: University of Belgrade – Technical Faculty in Bor, Srbija.
- Blagojević, V., Lukić, B., Đorđević, A., Protić, B. (2017). Infrastruktura u funkciji razvoja turizma planine Jahorina. POSEBNA IZDANJA GEOGRAFSKOG DRUŠTVA U FEDERACIJI BOSNE I HERCEGOVINE – ZBORNIK RADOVA ČETVRTOG KONGRESA GEOGRAFA BOSNE I HERCEGOVINE god. 4/br. 4 (str. 938-950). Sarajevo: Geografsko društvo u Federaciji Bosne i Hercegovine, Bosna i Hercegovina.
- Protić, B. (2015). Urbana područja u svetlu klimatskih promena. Planska i normativna zaštita prostora i životne sredine – Zbornik radova mladih istraživača (str. 119-125). Beograd: Asocijacija prostornih planera Srbije, Univerzitet u Beogradu – Geografski fakultet.
Infrastructure Development Planning (NOPP32O2)
General and Tourist Infrastructure (NOT31I1)
Basic Principles of Infrastructure (NOPP21O2)
Basic Methods and Techniques of Spatial Planning (NOPP21O1)
Urban Regulation Planning of Settlements (NOPP32O3)
Strategic Urban Planning (NOPP31O5)
Tourism and Spatial Planning (NOT31I4)
Tourism and Spatial Planning (NOPP41I1)
Planning at Local Level (NOPP41O4)
- Annual award of the Serbian Spatial Planners Association for affirmation and improvement of the profession (2017)
Membership in domestic and international associations
- Serbian Spatial Planners Association (APPS)
- Serbian Geographical Society