- Phone: +381112637421
- E-mail address: dejanf@EUnet.rs
Ph.D. Dejan Filipovic
Date and place of birth: July 17, 1968, Belgrade
Education. The faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade, the course of Spatial Planning, enrolled in 1987, graduated with the average mark of 9,70 in 1992. The undergraduate studies at the same faculty, the course of Geospatial and Environmental Science enrolled in 1992, defended the magisterial thesis in 1996. The doctoral dissertation “Geospatial Risk Modelling in the Environment” defended on May 12, 2000.
Teaching. Elected junior assistant in 1993, for the courses – Environment, Environmental Planning, Basics of Environment. Elected assistant in 1997, docent (assistant professor) in 2000 and associate professor in 2006. In 2011 elected full professor for the narrow scientific field of Spatial Planning, the course of study of Environmental Protection. Teaches at undergraduate, master’s and doctoral studies. Was engaged as a lecturer at the Faculty of Architecture and the Faculty of Transport and Traffic Engineering in Belgrade and at the Faculty of Civil Engineering in Subotica.
Scientific research and professional work. Environmental Protection and Spatial Planning have been his professional fields of interest since the beginning of the career. The results of his studies have been presented in a university textbook, three monographs, two practicums and 132 papers, 26 of which are in English, in scientific publications, conference proceedings and professional journals. Participated in several scientific research projects. Project manager for five spatial plans, participated in the development of 15 spatial and 15 urban plans as the manager for the thematic area of Environmental Protection. Project manager in the development of over 30 environmental assessment studies and about 40 strategic environmental impact studies. In 2005 launched and was the editor-in-chief of the magazine Planner issued by the Serbian Spatial Planners Association. Edited several conference proceedings, a magazine (Territorium) and reviewed several books. Expert consultant for the magazine National Geographic Srbija since its launching.
Professional and public activities. Since October 2012 the Dean of the Faculty of Geography. Earlier Vice-dean for Academic Affairs (2004-2006) and Head of the Institute of Spatial Planning (2008-2012). Was engaged in the accreditation of the study programme Spatial planning for undergraduate, graduate-master and doctoral academic studies. In the period 2004-2008 the President of the Serbian Spatial Planners Association, a professional spatial planners association. Member of several professional associations – the Serbian Chamber of Engineers (holds the licence for responsible planner), Serbian Geographical Society, Serbian Society of Urban Planners etc. As an expert engaged in the Republic Commission for Examination of Spatial Plans and Commission for Review and Evaluation of Environmental Studies in the relevant ministries. An expert consultant for UNDP Montenegro. Has been awarded for his work on several occasions.
1. Natural Conditions and Disasters in Spatial Planning and Protection – a textbook (with S. Dragicevic), the Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade, Belgrade 2009
2. Planning of Municipal Waste Management – a monograph (with B. Josimovic, М. Ilic), IAUS, Belgrade 2009
3. Introducing the Stakeholders to the Process of Strategic Environmental Assessment – a monograph (with S. Vukicevic), Serbian Spatial Planners Association, Belgrade, 2011
4. Modelling of Environmental Pollution in Urban Areas – monitoring and protection – a monograph, Zaduzbina Andrejevic, Belgrade 1999
5. Basics of Ecology – practicum (with S. Djurdjic), the Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade, Belgrade 2005
6. Ecological Principles of Spatial Planning – practicum (with S. Djurdjic), Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade, Belgrade 2008
• Risks and Environmental Modelling
• Environmental Plans and Programmes
• Environmental Planning
• Waste Management
• Strategic Environmental Assessment
• Environmental Impact Assessment
AWARDS AND HONOURS
Awarded several times during his career:
1. Award “Branislav Piha” for years of professional engagement and achievements in professional and methodological improvement of regional and spatial planning, Serbian Society of Urban Planners (2007)
2. Award for achievements in the field of work and for contribution to environmental protection, Ministry of Environmental Protection, the Republic of Serbia (1997)
3. Great reward for years of work in the field of spatial planning, Serbian Spatial Planners Association (2008)
4. Awarded three times during his university studies as the best student. The Award of the Institute of Architecture and Urban Planning of Serbia for the best graduate thesis in 1992.
MEMBERSHIP IN FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC ASSOCIATIONS
- Member of the Serbian Spatial Planners Association (President of the Serbian Spatial Planners Association in the period 2004-2008)
- Member of the Serbian Geographical Society (Secretary of SGC in the period 1993-1995)
– Member of the Serbian Chamber of Engineers (licence for responsible planner since 2003)
- Member of the Serbian Society of Urban Planners