FIFTH SYMPOSIUM ”INTEGRATED RESEARCHES AND CO-DESIGN ON ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE IN THE DANUBE REGION”
Fifth symposium ”Integrated Researches and Co-design on Environmental Change in the Danube Region” will be held in Bucharest, Romania, April 15, 2016.
Environmental change challenges, current societal tendencies and economic growth call for sustainable transformations. Efficient solutions could be enabled by close partnership with the decision factor in the process of understanding, evaluating and monitoring environmental change impacts to effectively cope with, respond and adapt to the interlinked problems.
The symposium aims to bring together researchers and stakeholders to discuss Danube Region priorities within the context of global sustainability and to define opportunities for cooperation. A special focus will be on the Development Strategy for Romania in the Next 20 Years elaborated by the Romanian Academy and related to the macro-regional issues of the Danube Region.
The symposium is dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the Romanian Academy.
Organizers and contacts:
- National Council of EU Strategy for the Danube Region (SUERD)
- National Committee for “Future Earth–research for global sustainability”
- Institute of Geography, Romanian Academy
- Romanian Academy, 125, Calea Victoriei, sector 1, RO-010071, Bucharest
- Deadline for submitting abstracts for papers – March 15, 2016