Characteristic Regions of World (NMG2I3)
- Level of study master academic studies
Ph.D. Mirjana Gajić
- Subject status: elective
- ECTS: 7
- Semester: II
- Number of classes: 3
The objective of the course is to familiarize students with theoretical foundations and contemporary achievements of regional geography on examples of characteristic regions of the world.
Training students for geographical region research and teamwork in multidisciplinary regional development projects.
1. Theoretical basis of regional geography; 2. Characteristic regions of the world - essential geographical features;
3. Dutch-Belgian lowlands; 4. Great Northwest North America - Middle West;
5. Ural, 6. Central Andi, 7. Apalaci
8. Greenland, 9. Alaska.
10. California and its megalopolises, 11th Moscow.
12. Alps, 13. Cote d'Azur, 14. Balkan Peninsula (Adriatic, Ionian, Aegean coast), 15. Florida.
Vasović M., Jovičić Ž. (1982). More important tourist-geographical regions of Europe. Work. Belgrade.
Ristić K. (1993). Regional Geography I. Scientific Paper. Belgrade.
Jovičić D., Ivanović V. (2008). Tourist regions of the world. Ton plus.Belgrade.
Vasović M. (1985). Regional geography. Work.Belgrade.
Davidović R. (2004). Regional geography of Europe. PMF, Institute of Geography, Novi Sad.