- Phone: +381112637421
- E-mail address: email@example.com
Ph.D. Aleksandar Valjarević
PhD Aleksandar Valjarević, was born on February 13, 1978 in Prokuplje. He finished elementary school and grammar school in Prokuplje. Department of Geography at the Faculty of science, University of Pristina, enrolled in the 1996/1997 and graduated in 2002. During his studies, he showed particular interest in the subjects of cartography and mathematical geography. In 2004/2005 he enrolled in a Master study at the Faculty of Mathematics in Belgrade, at the Department of Astronomy, where he graduated with a grade of 10 (ten). He defended his doctoral thesis “Cartographic Method in the digitized generalization of the River Network of Kosovo and Metohija” on October 11, 2012, and earning the academic title of PhD of Geosciences. By the decision of the University Council at the University of Pristina, he was elected Assistant Professor in October 2013. By the decision of the Faculty Council in 2016 he was elected to the rank of Associate Professor. The candidate is fluent in English (speaks, reads and writes) as well as Russian (reads and speaks). PhD Aleksandar Valjarević also wrote one book and one monograph:
Medojević Jovo., Valjarević Đ. Aleksandar, (2005): “The Internet in Geography Teaching”, NGO Center for Geo-Demographic Research of Montenegro-Belo Polje., Kraljevo, 1-163.
Valjarević Đ., Aleksandar, (2015): “Digital Cartographic Generalization of the Rivers of Kosovo and Metohija”, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Geography, Serbian Geographical Society., Belgrade, 1-103.
PhD Aleksandar Valjarević is a participant of the following international and national projects:
Project of the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia entitled “Dynamics of Celestial Bodies Systems and Populations (2001-2005)” and ordinal number 146004.
State project of the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia entitled “Development of new information and communication technologies, using advanced mathematical methods, with applications in medicine, telecommunications, energy, national heritage protection and education) ”under serial number III44006.
International project of the European Union entitled “COST member in COSH project Europe Cooperation in Science and Technology”.
University of Graz (Austria) project, entitled “Consortium of Austria-members University of Graz (2016-2026)”.
International project at Ho Chi Minh City University (Vietnam) and entitled “Part time researcher Department of Management of Science and Technology Development – DEMASTED ”; Ton Duc Thang University; 19 Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh.
PhD Aleksandar Valjarevic was a Visiting Professor at the University of Graz (Austria) (2015-2016), at the University of Wyoming (United States of America), (2017-2018). Dr Aleksandar Valjarević is the Head of the University Project at the University of Prishtina temporaly situated in Kosovska Mitrovica under the title “Digitization of cultural and religious objects in the territory of the community of Serbian municipalities and creation of a geo-spatial database”.
- Valjarević A., Živković D., Valjarević D., Stevanović V., Golijanin J. (2014): „GIS analysis of land cover changes on the territory of the Prokuplje municipality”. Vol.12, 1-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/805072.
- Valjarević A., Srećković-Batoćanin D., Živković D., Perić M. (2015): „GIS analysis of dissipation time of landscape in the Devil’s city (Serbia)”, Acta Montanistica Slovaca, Vol.20, No.2, 148-155. link: http://actamont.tuke.sk/pdf/2015/n2/9valjarevic.pdf.
- Valjarević A., Živković D. (2016): „GIS and Satellite detection of forest belt in Prokuplje municipality”, Technical Gazzete, Vol.23, No.4, 969-972 doi:10.17559/TV-20140222204458.
- Valjarević A., Vukojičić D., Valjarević D. (2017): „Econometric Evaluation of the Resources of the Lukovo Spa and Its tourist potential, Tourism Management Perspectives”, 22, 7-16. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tmp.2016.12.004
- Valjarević A., Valjarević D., Stanojević-Ristić Z., Djekić T., Živić N. (2018): „A GIS based aproch to health facilities and urban traffic system in Belgrade Serbia”, Geospatial Health, Vol.13, No.2 ,308-313. doi: https://doi.org/10.4081/gh.2018.729.
- Valjarević A., Srećković-Batoćanin D., Valjarević D., Matović V. (2018): „A GIS-based method for analysis of energy capacity and efficiency of thermo-mineral springs in the municipality of Kuršumlija (Serbia)”,Renewableand Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 92, 948-957. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2018.05.005.
- Valjarević A., Djekić T., Stevanović V., Ivanović R., Jandziković B. (2018): „GIS numerical and satellite detection analysis of forest changes in the Toplica District for the period of (1953-2013)”, Applied Geography, 92, 131-139. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apgeog.2018.01.016.
- Valjarević, A., Živković, D., Božović, R., Tomanović, D., Krsmanović, S., Cvetković V. (2019): Landscape Changes through History Following the Example of the Former Narrow-Gauge Railroad Belgrade (Čukarica–Obrenovac) Serbi, Journal of Urban History, https://doi.org/10.1177/0096144219877882.
- Valjarević A., Živković D., Gadzić N., Tomanović D., Grbić M. (2019): „Multi-criteria GIS analysis of the topography of the Moon and better solutions for potential landing”, Open Astronomy (Baltic Astronomy), Vol.28, No.1, 85-94. doi: https://doi.org/10.1515/astro-2019-0008.
- A.Valjarević, D. Filipović, M. Milanović., D. Valjarević. (2020): New updated world maps of Sea-surface Salinity, Pure and Applied Geophysics, 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00024-019-02404-z.
Membership in associations and organizations:
Serbian Geographical Society,
Astronomer Society of Serbia.
American Geophysical Society
Europlanet Southeastern European Group